Stereotypical Lifestyle/people: Party animal
Inspired by the flourishing festive season, visual dazzling delights and the anticipation of Santa’s yearly visit, we thought it would only be right to acknowledge the dedication of the ever popular glitzy ‘Party Animal’. Likely to take centre stage at the Christmas party with his/her self-assured aura, enigmatic presence and ostentatious personality, they are guaranteed to ensure you have an eventful night, by encouraging you to ‘Raise you glass’ as suggested by Pink, whilst gracing the dance floor with your classic ‘Moves like Jagger!’
Letting your hair down – Priceless!
Whilst we may have drifted away from tight-fitting spandex, colossal afros and alluring disco lights, one thing that has remained consistent throughout the swinging sixties and the bubble gum eighties, is the individual who throws caution to the wind; by using alcohol to rebel, music to narrate a story and dance moves to attract the masses. However, whilst the fascination and obsession has remained unswerving, the individuals and their circumstances behind this force are ever-changing.
Top Three Countdown to the Ultimate Party Animal
- Trailing in at Number 3 are the notorious ‘Unlikely Suspects.’ These are the individuals, who either turn a seemingly uninspiring life into one filled with ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ or those who have the outer persona of success, apposite and couture, but conceal a dark side which is laced with scandal, mischief and secrecy. We salute the awesome powers possessed by Austin, in managing to bed Foxy Cleopatra and applaud writers such as Truman Capote and Dorothy Parker, who undoubtedly deserve the title within the literary sphere.
- Climbing up to Number 2 are the ‘Young and dedicated.’ For them, partying is an adopted lifestyle, jam-packed with fun, debauchery and naughtiness. They relish the bass line, take pleasure from the interaction and rebel against the need to get their daily recommended dose of ‘beauty sleep.’ The legendary Ozzy Osborne may have set the pace, but fellow party-goers such as Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Russell brand have certainly maintained it!
- Making their debut at Number 1 are ‘Disco socialites.’ Gaining popularity from shows such as ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ and ‘Made in Chelsea,’ these individuals use this pastime as a means to financially gain their success. Their careers are based around ‘reem’ VIP invites, elite social events and making the right connections, within the social field to ensure success.
Ultimate recipe for an Orgasmic Party Animal cocktail:
- Start by adding 1 part of physical magnetism. Like Nicky Minaj and Britney Spears, you are acutely aware of the effect that a flamboyant outfit, flawless makeup and flirtatious conduct can have on the opposite sex. Flaunting intense colours, taut clothing and immense eyelashes, you remain the epitome of the motto, ‘The bigger, the better!’
- Add 1 tsp of charm and charisma. A vital ingredient to ensuring popularity, is to ensure that behind that attractive face; is the effervescent, vibrant and sociable persona to keep the party going.
- 2 dashes of confidence and coolness are next on the list. Similar to counterparts such as Samantha Jones and Tony Stark, you love to be centre of attention. You insist on being on the VIP list and akin to Muhammad Ali, you float with ease within a crowd and sting like a bee when you find an attractive member of the opposite sex.
- Slip in a hint of a white lie. After all, you’re an expert when it comes to the social calendar, so who is going to know that you’ve given yourself a promotion from party-goer, to a DJ or a Club Promoter.
- Now add 2 parts of Class and Cupidity. You will never wear the same outfit twice, will only frequent to specific places and refuse to get merry from anything other than the bubbles from the finest champagne.
- Mix with 1 tbsp of interactive social interaction, as every event has to be captured. Your inbox is full of invites, the time-line charters your activities and the tagged photos alongside the multiple likes, authenticate your stories.
- 2 shots of caffeine. With all the long hours you clock up, caffeine is your best friend. You are grateful for the extra pair of wings to help you through the hours of office banter about your latest conquest, or your impressive ‘gangnam style’ moves.
- Don’t forget the 2 parts of pleasure-seeking and overindulgence. You will try anything once, find it impossible to say no to an irresistible offer and always have an interesting story to tell about the night before.
- Finally, every good cocktail needs something refreshing, so drop in a touch of caution. In the words of Kelly Cutrone, ‘When you’re the most happening person at the party, it’s time to leave.’
Shake, stir and enjoy!
Stereotypical assumption rating: 7/10 Best served chilled!